Our faculty comprises of academics with deep social commitment and a flair for public action. Faculty members are accomplished and diverse coming from a variety of educational backgrounds and possessing wide range of professional experiences. They are scholars, consummate educators, mentors and trainers involved also in researches. Faculty are actively engaged in teaching, practice and research in various fields and are committed to cross-disciplinary efforts within the Centre to instil a positive identity among students hailing from marginalized communities in Kerala Instead of ‘Departments’ CREST has ‘Resource Groups’ which will encompass broad areas of academic concerns impinging on the objectives of the organization Each group has a combination of different, but related subject specializations. The Centre has five resource groups covering Information Technology, Languages & Communication. Behavioral Sciences, Social Sciences. and Entrepreneurship Development.
Prof.D.D.Nampoothiri, Executive Director, CREST, : Undertook his post-graduate and research studies in Sociology at the University of Rajasthan, University of Delhi and Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. Formerly, Professor & Head of the P.G. Dept. of Sociology at Zamorin’s Guruvayoorappan College, Calicut, he has been the Programme Coordinator of Centre of Excellence, IIMK, ever since its inception in 2002. Presently, he is a member of the Indian Consortium of Erasmus Mundus External Cooperation Window 15 of Swedish South Asian Network (SASNET). Also, he is a member of the Advisory Committee of ICSSR-SRC, Hyderabad as well as a member of the University of Calicut Advisory Committee for the UGC Academic Staff College Programmes. He has presented several papers in Seminars in India and abroad. He has also published books and articles on themes related to social transformation in India.
Vinod Krishnan T.Y, Associate Programme Coordinator, : Holds Masters Degree in Anthropology from the University of Mysore. He undertook research studies at University of Delhi and Roskilde University, Denmark. He has been an ASIA Fellow attached to the Institute of Social Sciences and Humanities, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Tel : 0495 2731835 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 0495 2731835 end_of_the_skype_highlighting (Res) Email : email@example.com
- Ashley Paul Associate Programme Coordinator holds an MPhil degree in language and modern literature from Calicut University. He has specialized in English teaching from Central Institute of English and Foreign Languages, Hyderabad.
- Ranjith V holds MTech in Software Systems from BITS Pilani. He is an associate member in Institution of Engineers, India
- Balachandran Gopinath is currently a Marketing and Human Resource Development consultant. He holds a Masters Degree in Business Administration and is an International Training Fellow of the Junior Chamber Training Institute of USA. Balachandran has a unique mix of cultures, in handling trainees from many countries in which he has conducted training, notably India, Hong Kong, Korea, France, Kenya, Taiwan, Bangladesh, Japan, Dubai and Sri Lanka
- Prof. V Kesavan holds Ph.D. in Economics and was formerly a faculty in Economics at Malabar Christian College, Calicut. At present he teaches quantitative methods, operations research and statistics.
- Sucharita Hota is a Post graduate in Social Work from Tata Institute of Social Science, Bombay. She is a consultant in the field of qualitative social research and was involved in projects for UNICEF, World Bank, Overseas Development Agency and Government of India. She was formerly Head of the P.G.Dept. of Social Work at St.Joseph’s College, Devagiri, Calicut, Kerala.
- Vinod AR is an HR trainer based in Calicut. He is a national trainer of Junior Chamber International. He has been providing Human Resource training for academic institutions and corporate organizations in Kerala.
- Anitha Ramesh holds PhD in English literature and works as a Lecturer of English at Z.G. College, Calicut University
- C.Jyothi has been the faculty of communication at the Department of Language and Communication Studies, University of Technology, Papua New Guinea, South Pacific.
- Prof. Radha S. Nair holds Masters Degree in English from Presidency College, Chennai and Diploma in English Language from Central Institute of English and Foreign Languages, Hyderabad. Formerly she was the Head of the Department of English, Providence Women’s College, Calicut.
- Ms.Swarnalatha K holds Masters Degree in English and has obtained advanced training in English language teaching from Regional Institute of English, Bangalore and Central Institute of English and Foreign Languages, Hyderabad.
- Mr. Muralidharan Paleri is a Management Consultant. He has been a faculty at the Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune.
- Ms.Usha P.M, working as Faculty Member for IT and HR at Everonn’s IIPS. She has completed MCA from Madurai Kamaraj University and MBA from Bharathiar University. She has got 10 years of teaching experience and 5 years of programming experience.
- In addition to these, experts from reputed institutions from India and abroad are invited to provide sessions and to conduct workshops